Saturday, October 16, 2010

August, September, October...

Shasta Caverns!
One of Shelby's amazing international dinners!
The Study Abroad Team! I adore every one of these amazing people! Me and my Brit, Abby!
Top of the falls!
I ran into Ayaka on campus, and we took a photo!
All the fearless hikers!

So, I've been neglecting my blog! This has been such a crazy semester with working at Study Abroad, Starbucks, and my heavy class load. It has been the busiest semester of my LIFE!

It has been great, don't get me wrong. I LOVE my job at Study Abroad, and I'm taking two great PR classes, strategy and publications. Both are really difficult and time consuming, but I am learning a lot.

I have also had the chance to go to San Francisco with the on campus PR agency, Tehama Group Communications.

We have visited Mozilla in Mountain View, Gladow-Nead in the city and Kimpton Hotels & Resorts in the city. All of those companies have TGC alumni who work there, and they were all totally gracious enough to spend some time with us talking about their lives and their jobs.

I have been thinking so much about my future life in the PR industry. There are so many options! I know I want to work in San Francisco. I would love to go into hospitality PR (after going to Kimpton) or consumer PR. Most agencies in the city are in tech PR, which would be really interesting! I love my Mac computer and don't know what my life would be like without technology!

I have been working a lot with the program inDesign in my PR publications class. I have gotten to make a full color ad, a tri-fold brochure and some fun letter head designs! It feels to great to be learning a skill...besides learning French of course!

Speaking of French, I miss France! I miss traveling, and walking the streets of my beloved little town, Aix! It has been great to be home, but I am getting that familiar itch to travel! I know it will be a while before I get back to Europe, but I think about my time in France almost every day!

That's why I love working in the Study Abroad Office. It is so amazing to work with the international students!

For those of you who don't know, I am the coordinator for the Buddy/Mentor program at Chico State. This is a program where American study abroad alumni get paired with an incoming international exchange student and become their built-in friend! It is a great chance for both American and international students to broaden their cultural horizons and get to meet more people on campus.

It's a great chance for the international students to get opportunities to hang out with American students and really get integrated into American college life.

We have all kinds of adventures enjoying what I call the "splendor of Northern California". We hike, swim, eat, play and enjoy cross cultural communications.

I has been a great eight weeks. Here's to the next eight!

No comments:

Post a Comment