Wednesday, November 25, 2009

La Cuisine

Frandel making the first, experimental crepe.
Classic Sarah Mann...preparing Nikki's birthday dinner
I am such an expert crepe maker. Le Cordon Bleu, here I come!
Cousin Amanda and I whipping up lunch
Nikki's birthday dinner, pizza bar.
Julia Child would be proud.

I love my kitchen.

When Lindsey and I first saw our apartment, the first thing I noticed was how wonderful and modern the kitchen was.

It has a black, electric, four burner cook top, complete with matching Whirlpool oven. It even has a dishwasher. The whole thing has been re-done and has beautiful green and yellow tiles on the walls, and wooden counter tops.

Because of our glorious kitchen and my social tendencies, we have been the hostesses to many cooking endeavors and dinner soirees. Plus, our dining room table seats 6, 7 if we squish.

In the last few months we have really been cooking up a storm!

Today Frandel and I decided to make crepes. I was like "let's just buy the pre-made crepe shells and we can fill them!"

He scoffed at me.

He is a wonderful cook, but don't tell him I said that.

We bought a glorious mix at Monoprix (our closest grocery store that is decent), and made homemade crepes! I put strawberry jam in mine, and he made a butter-sugar version.

We also frequently make Asian dishes like stir-fry and curry with our fresh veggies from the market.

While my cousin Amanda was here, we made mini pizzas with veggies and salami and baked them to a nice crisp.

I love it because there is generally at least 2 people who don't live in my apartment over cooking or chatting or having a hot cup of tea after class.

We have nicknamed my dearest gal pal, Sarah, Julia Child (sometimes Julia for short) because she is always baking up something fun and festive for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment