Sunday, January 8, 2012

G.O.A.L.S.


So, when you graduate college and enter the "real world," a funny thing happens.

You lose the will to live.

Okay, okay, it's not THAT dramatic. But things do change drastically.

A few years ago I read a blog post (that I have yet to come across again) about a girl who graduated college and found herself a few months later, sobbing in the shower. This gal had been a well-adjusted co-ed who found herself, soon after she left the safe confines of her college existence, lost and confused about what the next step was.

Sure, she had a job. She had friends. She lived on her own. Her life was, as they say, on track.

He whole life had been about goals. Go to kindergarten. Get to elementary school. Start junior high. Make the high school cheerleading team. Be asked to prom. Receive a college acceptance letter.

Find an apartment.Choose a major. Study abroad. Complete an internship. Graduate.

Get a job.

Okay so I made the last few parts up as they are applicable to me. But, you get the point. Hopefully, you see that all this is to say, I am feeling a bit aimless.

Sure, I love love love my job. I have fantastic coworkers and phenominal clients.

But a full life is well-rounded. Therefore, new year, new attitude. This year is going to be about goals.

But, I'm going to start small. I was on Facebook tonight and came across the blog post of a fantastic gal pal from BYU-I who has decided to do a 30 day challenge of posts.

The first day is the task of posting a picture of yourself and telling 10 things people might not know about you.

The photo above is of me in April 2010 on the St. Charles bridge in Prague, Czech Republic. It was one of my most favorite days, ever. Here goes:

10. I watch at least one episode of Gilmore Girls every day. It makes me feel like things will turn out okay.

9. I cry at everything. I cry when I'm happy. I cry when I'm sad. I cry during Grey's Anatomy. I cry at church. I cry when people talk about France. I cry when I can't get PeopleBrowsr to work. The Golden Gate Bridge literally makes me sob.

8. I can almost never turn down cake. Chocolate, vanilla, red velvet, ice cream. You name it. I seriously love it.

7. My mom is my best friend.

6. I love the rain. I'd take the rain over the sun any day. I love the smell of the pavement when it rains after it hasn't for a long time. I love the sound of the rain on the roof and windows. I feel like when it rains, everyone can start over.

5.Contrary to popular belief, my future husband does not need a trust fund or a Mercedes. Just endless patience, a sense of humor and long legs.

4.I have several serious vices, one major one is Diet Coke. My dentist has been scolding me since my late teens, but hey, I'm keeping him in business.

3. I have never understood why people in Australia are not upside down. The concept of gravity is just too much for me.

2. I would rather walk than drive.

1. I am allergic to Ibuprofen, which is in like every medicine ever. So please never offer me Advil.

So, that's it for today!

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I love that you watch Gilmore Girls - so so great. It also makes me sad that P.B. makes you cry, but I suppose it does the same to me so I suppose it's a pot-kettle situation there. Um, also, duly noted re: Advil and cake too. Hope I haven't been a cake pusher on you :)

    ReplyDelete