Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Avant le depart. Before my departure.
















Hello everyone!

Promptly after seeing the movie Julie&Julia, I came home and created my blog for my year in the south of France.

The movie mirrors two women's lives, that of Julia Child, the famous American housewife who learned to cook while living in France, and that of a woman living in New York, who cooks to find joy in her life.

Though I have NO intention of cooking, I will soon be an American living in France.

I am leaving on Monday, August 17th...and couldn't be more excited! The picture above shows the region I will be living in... the city called Aix en Provence, nicknamed just "Aix" (pronounced like the letter X) will be my home for 9 long months.

Marseille is the largest city close to Aix, and it's the second largest city in France, falling short only to mighty Paris. The countdown to my departure stands at 5 short days.

No comments:

Post a Comment